Sunday, December 19, 2010

8 month update...finally!

Ok, so I started this blog trash talking my husband for never updating Brady's website and here Carson is 8 months old and I have not updated since he was 6 weeks old! Forgive me, I will not tease my husband again! I love you honey! So I will do a nice long blog to fill you in on his big milestones and how he is growing. Carson is such a blessing, he is sweet and lovable and desperate to do things with his big brother Brady. Brady is the best big brother Carson could ask for. In his attempts to keep up with Brady, Carson began army crawling at 4 months pulling himself across the floor through multiple rooms or our house with only his arms. This has made us need to childproof our house-fast! He was a bit slow to sit up on his own mastering that skill at the early 7 month mark. The reason for this is that he is always on the go and never wanted to slow down to just sit for anything! He even hates sitting still to have his diaper changed and will always try to crawl away in the middle of a diaper which isn't pretty when it is a number 2! At the same time (I believe it was in fact the same day!) he began crawling on all fours and let me tell you that he is one fast little booger! About 2-3 weeks later (end of 7 months) he began to pull himself to standing (one of the first times he pulled himself up on aunt Julie in fact!) And now in the past few days (8.5 months) he has started crusing around the furniture. I think Dr. Girod was right...he will probably be walking at his 9 month check up at this rate. He also has at least 4 teeth (He did have 6, but I think the 2 molars that came in early went back under the gums) His first words were Dada around 7 months and Mama was short behind. His stomach issues have resolved and he doesn't seem to be spitting up as much anymore either, but it did take longer to resolve than Brady and didn't fully clear up until about 7.5 months. We now have a happy, healthy family and couldn't be more blessed as we enter into this Christmas season with 2 beautiful, healthy, happy, loving boys! Hope this post finds all of you happy and healthy as well this holiday season and we look forward to seeing you soon.



Love,

Karena

The following pictures are of Carson's first food, Carson with Sarah on our trip to Kentucky for Natalie and Savannah's baby shower, and the two best brothers in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment